Course 3: Quadratus Lumborum (QL), Erector Spinae and Multifidi
Learn how to help rehabilitate your client from the personal perspective of a Pilates movement specialist actively living more than 10 years with LSLF pathologies.
Krysta Johnson will teach physical therapists and movement specialists an exceptionally personal and anatomical GLOBAL approach in rehabilitating specific lumbar/sacral pathologies through Pilates and fascial manipulation.
The course includes both theory and practical tuition.
Students who have taken Course 2: The Psoas and Hamstrings, will have the option to engage in multiple case studies related to client assessment and program design for the psoas and hamstrings for the first hour while Krysta reviews her background, the anatomy of the lumbar and sacral vertebrae and what a laminectomy and spinal fusion are. Of course, the students may opt to review the material as well if they wish.
The case studies will be discussed at the end of Day 2, and discussed in conjunction with prospective programming for the Quadratus Lumborum (QL), Erector Spinae and Multifidiin relation to the same client.
- Case Study: Krysta’s 10 years experience living with a fusion.
- Anatomy of the lumbar vertebrae and sacral vertebrae.
- What is a laminectomy and spinal fusion?
- General rehabilitation and “side effects” of a laminectomy and spinal fusion?
- Detailed anatomy of the Quadratus Lumborum (QL), Erector Spinae and Multifidi with their role in rehabilitation in relation to the lumbar and sacral vertebrae and how they connect and affect one another’s role in lumbar sacral support.
- Understanding the “Global Approach?” and how facial meridians and the tensigrity system relate to the lumbar and sacral vertebra during rehabilitation, with concentration on theQuadratus Lumborum (QL), Erector Spinae and Multifidimeridians.
- Understanding the initial approach for the LSLF client incorporating history, specific questions and assessment (review).
- Understanding program design specifically for the Quadratus Lumborum (QL), Erector Spinae and Multifidi, incorporating targeted facial releases for the LSLF client.
- Quadratus Lumborum (QL)Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chaor Ladder Barrel and Arc Barrel exercises for LSLF.
- Erector Spinae Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chaor Ladder Barrel and Arc Barrel exercises for LSLF.
- Multifidi Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chaor Ladder Barrel and Arc Barrel exercises for LSLF.
- Putting into action the application of the LSLF client approach and LSLF program design for the Quadratus Lumborum (QL), Erector Spinae and Multifidiutilizing exercises and facial releases for other lumbar/ sacral pathologies. Further circumstantial questions, case studies in pairs or small groups.
Contact us now to join our education and training programs
We offer health and affiliated professionals, individuals and companies the opportunity to learn from us with our unique courses and workshops.
Empower your body, empower your mind with S.A.B Education, Pilates teacher training and workshops.
Lumbar, Sacral Laminectomy/Fusion and Related Pathologies | Quadratus Lumborum Erector Spinae and Multifidi