Course 1: Abdominals
Learn how to help rehabilitate your client from the personal perspective of a Pilates movement specialist actively living more than 10 years with LSLF pathologies.
Krysta Johnson will teach physical therapists and movement specialists an exceptionally personal and anatomical GLOBAL approach in rehabilitating specific lumbar/sacral pathologies through Pilates and fascial manipulation.
The course includes both theory and practical tuition.
- Case Study: Krysta’s 10 years experience living with a fusion
- Anatomy of the lumbar vertebrae and sacral vertebrae
- What is a laminectomy and spinal fusion?
- General rehabilitation and “side effects” Of a laminectomy and spinal fusion?
- The lumbar spine – abdominal connection – “The Natural Brace In Humans”
- Anatomy of the abdominals: the external obliques, internal obliques, the transverse abdominis and the rectus abdominis with a detailed understanding of how the different abdominals connect and affect one another’s role in lumbar sacral support
- Understanding the “Global Approach?” and how facial meridians and the tensigrity system relate to the lumbar and sacral vertebra during rehabilitation, with concentration on the abdominal meridians.
- Understanding the initial approach for the LSLF client incorporating history, specific questions and assessment
- Understanding program design specifically for the abdominals, incorporating facial releases for the LSLF
- Abdominal Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chaor Ladder Barrel and Arc Barrel exercises for LSLF, including exercises for ALL abdominal muscles (rectus abdominus, TVA and obliques)
- Putting into action the application of the LSLF client approach and LSLF program design for the psoas and hamstring utilizing exercises and facial releases for other lumbar/ sacral pathologies. Further circumstantial questions, case studies in pairs or small groups.
Contact us now to join our education and training programs
We offer health and affiliated professionals, individuals and companies the opportunity to learn from us with our unique courses and workshops.
Empower your body, empower your mind with S.A.B Education, Pilates teacher training and workshops.
Lumbar, Sacral Laminectomy/Fusion and Related Pathologies | Quadratus Lumborum Erector Spinae and Multifidi
Lumbar, Sacral Laminectomy/Fusion and Related Pathologies | Gluteal Muscles, Adductors, Quadriceps and Tensor Fasciae Latae (TFL)
The Studio Australia Barcelona Team
An international team of Pilates & Healing professionals
Our specialist team is made up of experienced international professional practitioners whom have gained their knowledge and expertise through years of training and dedication to caring for their clients.
Holistic PhysiotherapistView member
Natural TherapistView member
Pilates InstructorView member
Esteban Gilardi Vaccaro
Massage TherapistView member
HypnoBirthing SpecialistView member
Founder, Author, Creator Face Pilates®View member
Founder, Pilates MasterView member
Face Pilates ConsultantView member
Massage TherapistView member
Structural Integration TherapistView member