Learn how to help rehabilitate your client from the personal perspective of a Pilates movement specialist actively living more than 10 years with LSLF pathologies.
Krysta Johnson will teach physical therapists and movement specialists an exceptionally personal and anatomical GLOBAL approach in rehabilitating specific lumbar/sacral pathologies through Pilates and fascial manipulation.
The course includes both theory and practical tuition.
For students who have taken Course I: The Abdominals
If you have taken Course 1 you will have the option to engage in multiple case studies related to client assessment and program design for the abdominals for the first hour while Krysta reviews her background, the anatomy of the lumbar and sacral vertebrae and what a laminectomy and spinal fusion are. Of course, the students may opt to review the material as well if they wish.
The case studies will be discussed at the end of Day 2, and discussed in conjunction with prospective programming for the psoas and hamstring in relation to the same client.
- Case Study: Krysta’s 10 years experience living with a fusion.
- Anatomy of the lumbar vertebrae and sacral vertebrae.
- What is a laminectomy and spinal fusion?
- General rehabilitation and “side effects” of a laminectomy and spinal fusion?
- Detailed anatomy of the psoas and hamstrings with their role in rehabilitation in relation to the lumbar and sacral vertebrae and how they connect and affect one another’s role in lumbar sacral support.
- Understanding the “Global Approach?” and how facial meridians and the tensigrity system relate to the lumbar and sacral vertebra during rehabilitation, with concentration on the psoas and hamstrings meridians.
- Understanding the initial approach for the LSLF client incorporating history, specific questions and assessment (review).
- Understanding program design specifically for the psoas and hamstrings, incorporating targeted facial releases for the LSLF client.
- Psoas Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chaor Ladder Barrel and Arc Barrel exercises for LSLF.
- Hamstring Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chaor Ladder Barrel and Arc Barrel exercises for LSLF.
- Putting into action the application of the LSLF client approach and LSLF program design for the psoas and hamstring utilizing exercises and facial releases for other lumbar/ sacral pathologies. Further circumstantial questions, case studies in pairs or small groups.
Empower your body, empower your mind with S.A.B Education, Pilates teacher training and workshops.
Lumbar, Sacral Laminectomy/Fusion and Related Pathologies | Gluteal Muscles, Adductors, Quadriceps and Tensor Fasciae Latae (TFL)
Lumbar, Sacral Laminectomy/Fusion and Related Pathologies | Quadratus Lumborum Erector Spinae and Multifidi
The Studio Australia Barcelona Team
An international team of Pilates & Healing professionals
Our specialist team is made up of experienced international professional practitioners whom have gained their knowledge and expertise through years of training and dedication to caring for their clients.
Holistic PhysiotherapistView member
Natural TherapistView member
Pilates InstructorView member
Esteban Gilardi Vaccaro
Massage TherapistView member
HypnoBirthing SpecialistView member
Founder, Author, Creator Face Pilates®View member
Founder, Pilates MasterView member
Face Pilates ConsultantView member
Massage TherapistView member
Structural Integration TherapistView member